CHARLOTTE, N.C–Ernst & Young today opened the nomination period for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2007 Awards in The Carolinas. The deadline for applications is March 30, 2007, with the awards ceremony scheduled for June 14, 2007 at The Westin Charlotte.
Recognized as one of the most highly-regarded business award programs in the country, the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards program, now in its 21st year, acknowledges business luminaries for creating and guiding innovative companies.
Award winners are selected by a panel of independent judges, including local business owners – many of whom have won the award in the past – as well as area leaders from civic organizations and academic institutions.
Last year, 9 entrepreneurs in 9 categories from The Carolinas were selected as Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award winners from more than 85 nominations.
Past award winners in The Carolinas’ have included:
* Monica Doss Council for Entrepreneurial Development
* Neal Hunter Cree, Inc.
* Richard Brenner Amarr Garage Doors
* Jeff Grady DLO
* Dr. James Goodnight SAS
* Michael Dougherty Kindermusik International
* David Swanson RH Donnelley
* Peter Durand Integrian, Inc.
* Bruton Smith Sonic Automotive/Speedway Motorsports
“This program honors the brightest business leaders in our community,” said Kent Geer, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for The Carolinas’.
Awards are given to entrepreneurs who have demonstrated excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Self-nominations are encouraged and there is no fee. Application forms must be received by March 30, 2007.
To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must be an owner/manager of a private or public company who is primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company and an active member of top management.
For more information and nomination forms contact: Amanda Dudley, Program Manager, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Carolinas’ Awards, at (704) 331-1925 or Amanda.email@example.com. Information is also available at http://www.carolinaseoy.ey.com.
- Ernst & Young Seeks Carolina’s Exceptional Entrepreneurs
- Ernst & Young names DC area Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 winners
- Tech execs among Carolinas’ Entrepreneur of the Year winners
- Hosted Solutions founder, CEO named Carolinas Entrepreneur of the Year
- FedConcepts CEO Christian Sullivan wins Maryland Entrepreneur of the Year award
© 2007, TechJournal. All rights reserved.