CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA—Diffusion Pharmaceuticals LLC, a drug discovery and development company, has received a $500,000 grant from the Office of Naval Research, increasing its total Navy funding to $2.6 million.
The company plans to take its lead product, which may have uses in treating life-threatening conditions such as heart disease, breathing disorders and stroke, into human testing in March.
Diffusion has also raised $5.6 million in private equity and is seeking additional backing to support the clinical development of its product.
Diffusion’s small molecule therapies enhance the diffusion of oxygen to tissues needing it. Its lead product, trans sodium crocetinate (TSC) and others in development may help treat a number of disorders characterized by oxygen deprivation at the cellular level, such as trauma, stroke, and heart disease.
For more information see: www.diffusionpharma.com.
- Diffusion Pharmaceuticals closes $2.9M private placement
- Diffusion Pharmaceuticals closes on more than $1.8M of $5M raise
- Diffusion Pharma breathes in $7.1M
- Diffusion Pharmaceuticals infuses $4.5M private placement
- Diffusion Pharmaceuticals aims to transform the future of medicine
© 2007, TechJournal. All rights reserved.