VIENNA, VA—Privacy Vaults Online, which sells Web-based youth registration and permission management software, says it has raised half of a $1.2 million in funding it seeks.
Previously, the company raised more than $2.5 million from angel investors and its CEO, Denise Tayloe.
Founded in 2001, Privo provides a secure information repository and privacy assurance program which is committed to making sure that companies adhere to strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements and practices.
Privo’s Privacy Assurance Program has been reviewed by the FTC and been granted “Safe Harbor” status under the Children’s Online Protection Act, allowing Privo to work with companies to ensure that they are meeting the legal requirements for marketing to children in compliance with COPPA.
On the Web: www.privo.com
- Most people need more help controlling online privacy, survey says
- DC’s SecureInfo lands $5 million C round
- New SEC rules could kill most angel investments in the U.S.
- Facebook slammed with suits over privacy setting changes
- Privaris raises $2.67M in another debt financing
© 2008, TechJournal. All rights reserved.