ALEXANDRIA, VA—Fishbowl has raised a $12 million round led by Vahalla Partners to expand sales, marketing and product development. The company sells permission-based email marketing to the restaurant industry. Edison Venture Fund contributed a $1 million follow on investment, bringing its total in the company to $8 million.
Founded in 2000, Fishbowl serves 700 restaurant chains in North America and Europe powering email marketing to over 28,000 locations. Fishbowl’s broader marketing solutions provide restaurants with fully integrated mobile promotion, online ordering and online reservations.
Gary Golding, General Partner at Edison said, “Fishbowl’s management team proves their domain expertise by outpacing competition.”
“Fishbowl’s customers confirm that repeat customers boost revenue,” noted
Tom Vander Schaaff, Edison’s VP of Analysis who led the diligence process.
Previously on TJS:
On the Web: www.fishbowl.com
- Edison Fund invests $7 million in Virginia’s Fishbowl Marketing
- Fairfax-based Formata captures $4.3M round
- Edison Venture raising $300M 7th fund
- Atlanta-based MedSpas acquires Richard Software Services
- Edison climbs to $258 million for new fund
© 2008, TechJournal. All rights reserved.