CLEARWATER FL – Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:TECD), a distributor of IT products, has completed the acquisition of certain assets of Scribona AB, a publicly traded IT distribution company in the Nordic region of Europe with operations in Sweden, Finland and Norway.
Tech Data will pay approximately $60 million, plus a $23 million premium, for the net value of the transferred assets including inventory, vendor agreements, customer lists, office equipment and certain other assets. The total purchase price will be paid over a period of six months.
Scribona had sales of about $1.2 billion over the last 12 months.
“Our combined operations provide customers with greater credit resources, highly-efficient logistics capabilities and improved e-commerce tools,” said Nestor Cano, President, Europe, Tech Data Corporation.
On the Web: www.techdata.com
- Florida’s Tech Data Corp. buying assets of Scribona AB
- Cisco Reports Sales & Income Are Up For Third Quarter
- IBM Plans To Cut Up To 13,000 Jobs In Europe
- Alabama’s Avocent buys Touchpaper, acquiring Ergo 2000, deals total $52.5M
- SAS moving international HQ to Cary, NC
© 2008, TechJournal. All rights reserved.