LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ – The Edison Venture Fund has promoted Chris Sugden to managing partner.
Sugden joins Edison‘ founder John Martinson, as the firm’s second managing partner.
Sugden chairs Edison’s investment committee. He will guide Edison’s industry sector and geographic investment teams.
Sugden joined Edison in 2002 as a principal. He was promoted to partner in 2005 and general partner in 2007.
He spearheaded the financial technology practice which is Edison’s largest industry sector with 35 investments.
Edison has offices in McLean, VA, as well as New York, NY, West Chester, PA and Needham, MA.
Edison currently has $550 million under management and is actively making new investments.
- Edison Ventures names David Nevas a principal focused on ecommerce, interactive marketing
- Edison Fund invests $7 million in Virginia’s Fishbowl Marketing
- Business Financial Services puts $9M round on the books
- Edison Venture raising $300M 7th fund
- LogicTree plants $2M follow-on funding from Edison Venture Fund
© 2009, TechJournal. All rights reserved.