WASHINGTON,DC – The DC area is among 20 U.S. metro areas performing the strongest overall economically, according to a Brookings Institute report.
The quarterly report rates overall economic performance on employment, unemployment, output, home prices, and foreclosure rates from April through June.
DC is one of only three metro areas showing signs of full recovery in every area except unemployment, according to the report.
The Northern part of the Southeast also fared well compared to the rest of the nation.
DC also managed a new high gross metropolitan product, surpassing its pre-recession number.
- Research Triangle region added jobs in June
- DC, LA, Seattle, Chicago, Texas, closing in on venture hot spots
- RTP area unemployment remains steady in April
- Job-growth has negative effects in some metro areas
- Durham outstrips Raleigh on best performing metros list
© 2009, TechJournal. All rights reserved.