DURHAM,NC – The Durham/Chapel Hill, NC metropolitan area outstripped Raleigh Cary on the prestigious Miliken Institute’s list of “Best Performing Metros,” this year.
The Milken Institute Best Performing Cities Index ranks U.S. metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary and technology growth.
Raleigh-Cary fell from 2nd last year to 10th this year, but North Carolina was the only Southeastern state to have two metro areas in the top 10.
Huntsville, Alabama came in at 8.
The DC-Arlington-Alexandria area landed at 25.
Charlottesville, VA, was ranked 26.
Savanah was highest ranked in Georgia at 39th, and it fell from 24th last year. Atlanta was at 106.
Gainsville ranked highest in Florida at 90, with Orlando at 91.
The full report can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/It1MI
- DC the strongest local economy, Des Moines, Seattle, Nashville follow
- Research Triangle region added jobs in June
- DC region among 20 best performing economically
- Milken study rankings split Raleigh-Durham, lowering tech hub rankings
- Raleigh, NC best city for jobs
© 2009, TechJournal. All rights reserved.