WINSTON-SALEM, NC – Academy Funds, which raised two small venture capital funds ten years ago, has closed down. The firm’s Web site is not longer active and goes to a hosting service.
Academy focused on North Carolina companies.
The Winston-Salem based funds portfolio companies included Admetech; Amplistar Inc.; Anasazi; Curry Pharmaceuticals; Kucera Pharmaceutical Company; Pilot Therapeutics Inc.; Targacept Inc.; and VetXcel.
It invested primarily in seed, and A and B round deals.
It focused on therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, platform technologies, agriculture, chemicals/reagents and supplies.
- Kucera Pharmaceutical Company Receives 6th U.S. Patent
- Kucera Pharmaceutical awarded grant
- Kucera Pharmaceutical announces discovery of compound for the potential treatment of SARS
- Astra Zenieca pays $2M to NC’s Targacept to option product
- NC’s Targacept upgrading equipment with BB&T loan
© 2010, TechJournal. All rights reserved.