MCLEAN, VA – New Jersey-based Edison Venture Fund, which invests in late stage technology companies and also has offices in McLean, VA, is raising a $300 million seventh fund, according to a regulatory filing.
Teh company closed its sixth fund in 2007. It invested in Fishbowl Marketing, Miria Systems, M5, NeatRecipts and Scivantage, among other portfolio firms.
It looks for East Coast tech firms with $5 to $20 million in revenue and makes initial investments of from $5 million to $8 million, generally investing a total of up to $10 million.
Edison also funds management buyouts, recaps, spinouts and secondary stock purchases.
It currently has $550 million under management.
Edison disclosed its new $300 million offering in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Edison climbs to $258 million for new fund
- Edison Venture fund promotes Chris Sugden to partner
- Edison Fund invests $7 million in Virginia’s Fishbowl Marketing
- Baltimore’s JMI Equity launching 7th fund
- RTP’s Hatteras raising $500M fund
© 2010, TechJournal. All rights reserved.