WASHINGTON, DC – CardStar, a Boston-based company with offices in McLean, VA, has raised $750,000 of a $1 million mixed securities offering with participation by two DC-based venture firms, according to a regulatory filing.
The company, which sells a mobile application that lets users of membership and loyalty programs in one place on an iPhone, iPad, Blackberry or Android phone, disclosed the funding in a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The filing cites DC-based Amplifier Ventures and Acta Capital as investors. Both firms also participated in the company’s $1 million first round of funding, which included MA-based LaunchCapital.
Founded in 2008, the company says 2,000 merchants and 700,000 people use the service.
- Atlanta’s SocialVest Ventures starts $2M raise with $150K
- Bid4Assets pounds the gavel on $3.75 million in new funding
- New venture fund with ties to Boulder Ventures raises $1M
- KMC Software raises two-thirds of $3M offering
- NC-based Square 1 Ventures raises $35.4M
© 2010, TechJournal. All rights reserved.