DURHAM, NC – EvoApp Inc., which includes former Inspire Pharmaceuticals CEO Christy Shaffer and iContact’s Ryan Allis among its directors and investors, has raised $1.1 million of a targeted $1.5 million share offering, according to a regulatory filing.
Founded in 2009 by North Carolina School of Science and Math alumni Joe Davy and Alexey Melnichenko, the company develops collaborative tools to help companies interact with customers.
A recent McKinsey Quarterly report said companies using Web 2.0 technologies to communicate internally and externally are seeing a variety of measurable benefits, including higher profit margins. The findings suggest that firms such as EvoApp will be able to demonstrate strong ROI for their products and services.
Other investors in the Durham, NC-based firm include Rick Stone, chair, NCSSM and Tom McMurray – a former partner at Sequoia Capital.
The company says its software:
- Identifies key customer relationships
- Creates transparency with customer service operations
- Proactively detects upsale opportunities
- Quickly highlights change in sentiment value for existing and new product offerings
- Collects and analyzes competitive intelligence
- Analyzes customer feedback postings in social media sites
The company disclosed the financing in a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
TechJournal South is a TechMedia company. TechMedia presents the annual conferences:
Internet Summit: www.internetsummit.com
Digital East: www.digitaleast.com
Digital Summit: www.digitalsummit.com
- Boca-Raton-based Cortera rakes in $49.7M for B2B financial data
- Dilon Technologies nabs $875K of $1.5M offering for medical imaging devices
- H.I.G. Capital raising new $450M Growth, Buyouts, & Equity fund
- Identity Forge fires up with $1M raise
- Virginia-based tower owner-operator Insite Wireless Group closes on $6.5M
© 2011, TechJournal. All rights reserved.
Tags: Alexey Melnichenko, business collaboration tools, Christy Shaffer, Durham, EvoApp, financing, icontact, Inspire Pharma, Joe Davy, McKinsey Quarterly, NC, NC School of the Arts, Rick Stone, Ryan Allis, Sequoia Capital, Tom McMurray