Many consumers buy their major technology products on Black Friday. The web site BlackFriday.com predicts that Black Friday sales in 2011 will surpass all records with a 20 percent increase over 2010 – which drew 212 million shoppers to stores to spend an average of $365.34.
Here’s an infographic from BlackFriday.com showing just how important the sale day was to retailers in 2010:
- Black Friday draws $648M in online holiday spending
- Online Black Friday spending up 26 percent from a year ago
- About 14 million consumers used mobile shopping apps on Black Friday
- Black Friday hits a billion in online sales for the first time
- Cyber Monday shoppers to spend more holiday dollars online than in stores
© 2011, TechJournal. All rights reserved.