Freelancer.com, the world’s largest outsourcing marketplace, has disclosed its findings on the fastest growing online jobs with the release of the Freelancer Fast 50 for 2011, together with the company’s predictions for 2012.
“We are uniquely positioned to comment on jobs conducted online, with over 3.2 million users and 1.5 million jobs posted on Freelancer.com to date,” said CEO Matt Barrie.
The Freelancer.com Fast 50 charts the top 50 rising job categories in the online labor market quarter by quarter. The 2011 Freelancer Fast 50 is the amalgamation of those results for the year.
“Each year we examine hundreds of thousands of jobs posted on Freelancer.com. This year our team of data analysts uncovered insights, backed by empirical evidence, regarding trends that are frequently commented on by the press. The techniques we use enable us to gauge community and developer interest more accurately than the traditional methods,” Barrie concluded.
TOP TRENDS OF THE FREELANCER FAST 50 FOR 2011
- 2011 saw the rise of a new generation of Web 2.0 entrepreneur
- Google decimates poor quality content, and copywriting industry
- Smartphones: It’s all about when Android will beat the iPhone ecosystem..
- Tremendous growth in iPad jobs; BlackBerry Playbook stillborn.
- Microsoft is a dead duck
View the full Freelancer.com Fast 50 2011
About the Freelancer Fast 50
This data was extracted from the skills specified in 783,373 jobs posted on Freelancer.com in 2010 and 2011. The Freelancer.com Freelancer Fast 50 is the leading gauge of online hiring trends. The Fast 50 is calculated by looking at the fastest rising and falling job sectors on Freelancer.com where job volumes exceed 1,000.
- Online job trends: fewer AdSense jobs, Android jobs rocket upward
- Mobile app development, virtual assistant are hot jobs, SEO, not so hot
- Jobs for Apple iOS developers up, Internet marketing, SEO down
- Startup Companies hiring for technical & sales jobs (infographic)
- Mobile marketing poised to overtake online marketing?
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.