Where are the social media jobs and how much do they pay? The most jobs are in New York, San Jose, San Francisco, LA, Boston, DC and Baltimore, says Onward Search. They pay the most in New York, San Francisco, LA, Boston and DC.
Social media jobs initially fell into the hands of traditional marketers, but more and more it is separate job category. Onwardsearch.com not only offers advice on how to find a job in social media, it has created a series of infographics outlining the best cities for social media positions, and now a social media salary guide.
The blog also offers some solid advice to those in social media. Brian Chappell of Ignite Social Media, for instance, suggests, “Steer away from fuzzy metrics and focus on social media marketing that can move the needle.”
For more, see Onward Search feature, “Social Media Advice from Leading Marketers.
Here’s the firm’s infographic on social media salaries:
- Internet, digital media job growth slows in New York & Boston
- Internet, digital media job growth slows in Boston and New York
- Optimizing for local search could boost traffic 30 percent
- Social Media Optimization replacing outdated SEO, firm says
- What are the hottest marketing jobs and where do they pay the best?
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.
Tags: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, CA, CO, DC, Denver, Detroit, Houston, LA, MD, MI, Miami Fl, NY., Onward Search, Phoenix Arizona, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, social media jobs, social media salaries, TX, Washington