If you’re looking for professional networking results, job opportunities, or business introductions, you’re much better off spending your time on LinkedIn than on Facebook. So says OnlineCollege.org, which cites 20 reasons for spending more time on LinkedIn than on Facebook.
They include these reasons:
LinkedIn is professional to the core and was created for professional networking.
It is a great place to gain expert status and credibility.
It represents a more targeted audience.
LinkedIn users have a sense of purpose. You’re more likely to get recommendations on LinkedIn, and you may actually get hired there.
Here’s an infographic outlining differences between the two social networks:
- Nine of ten people attacked on social networks (infographic)
- Facebook worth ten times Twitter valuation
- Number of time people spend on social networks doubled
- More firms using Facebook for recruiting, but LinkedIn still leads
- Where will younger users of social networking be in five years?
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.