Have you seen those occasional reports about some dumb criminal who brags about his crimes or posts other incriminating information on his Facebook page? More than a few have ended up cuffed an on the way to jail because of blabbing on social media.
So, it’s no wonder that 70 percent of law enforcement departments now use social media as a tool and that includes officers on the federal, state and local levels.
Personally, we hope criminals keep making it easy for police to nab them before they nab our money.
PoliceOne.com and LeisNexis created this infographic to show how police are using social media.
- How police solve crimes with social media (infographic)
- Police could improve communications using social channels
- Obama still dominating social media in presidential campaign (infographic)
- Small businesses stuck in neutral on social media (infographic)
- Why social media is not a waste of time (infographic)
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.