One place where cloud computing applications are getting a foothold is in education.
The benefits – access to applications anywhere and on any device and lower IT costs – appeal to many colleges and school districts.
But while IBM, Microsoft, Adobe are offering cloud based products to the education market, there is plenty of room for growth. Only about a third of higher education institutions and just over a quarter of K-12 districts were in the cloud as of May last year.
Here’s an infographic on cloud use by schools:
- NC’s MCNC applies for $28.1M in broadband recovery funding
- How do colleges use social media for recruitment? (infographic)
- State to create Biotech high schools
- Echo 360 captures $15M second round
- JourneyEd closes on acquisition of Florida’s CCV Software
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.