We’re seeing the first social media Olympics. The International Olympic Committee struck partnerships with Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.
Olympic athletes embraced social media to support each other, share their opinions and offer exclusives glimpses of life in the Olympic Village, not to mention those photos and videos we all saw them shooting with mobile phones during the opening ceremonies.
But which athletes got the most attention on Facebook and Twitter? Honestly, we expected to see Gabby Douglas and others from the U.S. women’s gymnastic team high up there, but not according to this chart from Statista.
You will find more statistics at Statista
- Which site drives the most e-commerce traffic, Facebook or Pinterest?
- Advertisers win no gold for use of social media during Olympics opening ceremony
- Nike won the social media brand battle at the Olympics
- Infographic chart details which social networks fit your goals
- Where do your social media consumers hang out?
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.