The launch of the new iPhone 5 is a big deal for app marketers. Frost & Sullivan just released a report noting that the smartphone market is shifting from a focus on devices as a prime driver to emphasis on apps and services.
The iPhone 5 is likely to be on the forefront of that trend, providing a huge mobile app marketing opportunity for brands, according to Fiksu. analyzed data from the last big iPhone 4S launch in October 2011 to help portray what to expect on September 21.
It created this infographic based on the data:
- App downloads soared following iPhone 5 release
- Launch of iPhone 4S caused large spike in mobile app downloads
- App downloads decreased as consumers waited for iPhone 5
- App store competition up, marketing costs down (infographic)
- Mobile ad rush during holidays peaked marketing costs & app downloads
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.