Kred, a community influence and outreach measure from social analytics firm PeopleBrowsr, has released a list of the Most Influential Venture Capitalists in Social Media
Kred’s list is segmented into Top Influencers, which measures how frequently a person is retweeted, replied, mentioned and followed on Twitter, and Top Outreachers, which measures a person’s retweets, replies and mentions of others.
Kred’s top three Influencers in Venture Capital are:
- Al Gore (972/3), co-founder and chairman of Generation Investment Management
- Biz Stone (967/5), the co-founder of Twitter, Inc. and advisor at Spark Capital
- Kevin Rose (966/6), partner in Google Ventures
The top three Outreachers are:
- Shervin Pishevar (892/9), managing director at Menlo Ventures
- Tristan Walker (899/9), entrepreneur-in-residence at Andreessen Horowitz
- Dave McClure (914/9), venture capitalist & founding partner at 500 Startups
“For companies looking to connect with VCs, the Kred outreach score provides a good indication of those people who really ‘get’ social and are most likely to be open to a discussion about funding,” said Andrew Grill, CEO of Kred.
Using its social measurement technologies, Kred first determines the most active members of the venture capital community; it then uses its influence-scoring methodology to measure Influence (the ability to inspire action in others) and Outreach (a person’s generosity in engaging with others and helping them spread their message). The information is based on four years of Twitter data.
“Kred’s ‘Most Influential Venture Capitalists in Social Media’ list demonstrates how far social analytics has come. We now have the ability to zero in on influential people – their opinions, preferences, interests and inclinations,” said Grill.
“This type of social intelligence has profound implications across many industries and disciplines.”
Look for our profile of Kred in an upcoming TechJournal article.
For a complete list of Kred’s Top 50 Influencers and Outreachers in Venture Capital, visit http://venturecapital.kred.
- Twitter dumping suggested users list
- Microsoft vs. Apple infographic; Biz Stone leaves Twitter; RockMelt funded
- Who has the most valuable social and professional networks?
- Investor interactions with digital and social media driving investments (infographic)
- NYU profs have new method for measuring influence in social networks
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.