If you wanted to compete with Amazon’s cloud computing service, how would you go about it?
One way, says Peter Papavasiliou, chief marketing officer at Concentric Cloud Solutions, is to “offer more services than you can get from Amazon,” and make them easier to use.
XO Communications launched Concentric in May to provide new cloud computing, content acceleration, and cloud voice solutions for businesses.
Concentric Cloud Solutions leverages its own cloud-based technology, technology from partners including Limelight Networks, LiveOps, and VCE, and the XO nationwide network to offer customers cloud computing, content acceleration, and cloud voice services.
Concentric also has the advantage of being a division of XO, a nationwide provider of advanced communications, managed network and IT infrastructure services with about 100,000 business, large enterprise and wholesale customers. That network is one of Concentric’s “key differentiators.”
Concentric, says Papavasiliou, is focusing on the small and medium-sized market space. “We’re putting together bundles that are easy to buy for this underserved market.”
The company says its Concentric cloud computing services provide secure, high-performance, on-demand, usage-based infrastructure for enterprises’ hosting, application services, data backup and storage needs. These services, it says, offer flexible and scalable platforms that easily adapt to changing customer needs, enabling businesses to use resources more efficiently, while reducing capital and operating costs.
The services include:
- Enterprise Cloud – On-demand cloud computing services for businesses to buy pay-as-you-go or via monthly prepaid plans.
- Managed Services – High-performance dedicated servers to host a wide range of applications in a private cloud environment.
- Cloud Storage – Easy storage, sharing and management of files and data via the cloud.
- Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery – Backup of servers, desktops, and laptops via the cloud or a LAN-based backup device.
- Cloud Hosting – Shared infrastructure for hosting web sites, email and domains.
It also offers content acceleration services such as content caching, which accelerates the delivery of static web content that is downloaded repeatedly; application acceleration that speeds delivery of dynamic content for customized information portals, e-commerce apps, social media services and other online tools; and enables transmission of video content such as stored webcasts and movies.
The company already has a voice business which came over from acquisitions XO made, says Papavasiliou.
Concentric’s cloud voice services include: a cloud contact center – cloud-based call distribution that enables virtual contact centers, freeing agents to work anywhere.
Also, interactive voice response – which lets businesses automate inbound and outbound call processing. And intelligent call routing – customer controlled call routing and reporting for disaster recovery, recording, failover and percentage allocation.
Other voice services include call conferencing and web collaboration and Concentric Connect, which lets businesses deliver web-based vocie, SMS and email notifications to mass audiences.
Check out some of Concentric’s customer case studies.
The company is currently offering a 30-day free trial. — Allan Maurer
- Cloud storage tops list of cloud initiatives planned, survey says
- Top five online backup services named
- Is cloud storage moving to the mainstream?
- SolidFire lands $1M financing for solid state storage tech
- Cloud storage gains traction as security needs add demand for backups
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.