Entrepreneurs globally are putting in long hours and nearly a third across six countries admitted to losing sleep over the economic turmoil of the last several years. But, nearly the same number polled in Hiscox’s “DNA of an entrepreneur” study said the economic downturn made them more determined to succeed and spurred them to work more efficiently.
Bronek Masojada, Hiscox CEO, said, “Our fourth annual study of SMEs confirms what we know from working closely with them: they consider and manage a wide variety of local, national and global risks everyday while keeping faith in their values and ambitions.”
The study of 3,000 owners or partners in small and medium sized businesses in the UK, USA, Germany, the Netherlands, France and Spain found that 48 percent are optimistic about the coming year vs. 27 percent who are pessimistic. Not surprisingly, the Spanish had the lowest optimism, while the Dutch had the highest.
The company detailed “the most telling” findings of its study in this infographic:
- Entrepreneurs determined to succeed despite tough business climate
- Small businesses turn to mobile tech to boost productivity (infographic)
- Small business owners believe economy will bounce back (infographic)
- Small business owners taking cautious approach in uncertain economy
- Report says: economy recovery depends on small biz
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.