Is email replacing the handshake and business card exchange for some C-suite members? In a new Robert Half Management Resources Survey, 42 percent of chief financial officers said they now prefer to cultivate business relationships via email.
A third still prefer in person networking at events, meetings and conferences, though.
About half (49 percent) said the major reason they network is to keep up with industry news. More than a third (38 percent) said they network to grow their business, and 2 percent do it to look for new talent.
- Three tips for getting the most from you professional networking
- Three tips for getting the most from professional networking
- Five networking pitfalls IT pros should avoid
- Orlando, DC, Vegas, Miami top Cvent list of top meeting cities
- Six reasons to attend the 2012 Southeast Venture Conference
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.