Mobile suppliers need to be ready for business users worldwide, which ABI Research says will reach $340 billion in revenue in the next five years.
ABI enterprise practice director Dan Shey, says, “Mobility suppliers need to pay attention to the enterprise market as revenues represent over 30% of the mobile services market and will grow twice as fast as the consumer market.”
He adds, “The underlying driver of this growth is simply BYOD and specifically the adoption of smartphones. Without a strategy to serve the employee audience with apps and services that addresses their business and personal needs, suppliers will miss out on this important market.”
Analysis of the mobile business customer smartphone base shows that in developed regions like North America and Western Europe, smartphone penetration will grow to over 90%.
Even in developing regions with low smartphone penetration, total employees with smartphones will be significant – mobile business customers in all other regions represent over 70% share of the global enterprise subscriber market.
There are steps mobile suppliers can take to capture this market:
What do mobile suppliers need to do to capture this market:
- Operators – Innovate on packaging and pricing so that employees increasing their business use of their personally purchased phones can find the business apps or easily upgrade to enterprise-ready devices;
- Device Vendors – Every smartphone vendor should have a portfolio of enterprise-ready devices that not only include the necessary enterprise-grade security features but also preloaded business apps such as forms apps allowing businesses to more easily mobilize their workforces;
- IT and Platform Suppliers – Build best of breed partnerships to serve the growing enterprise mobility management services market; ensure that solutions can address vertical needs.
- Forecast says 830M enterprise smartphone and tablet app users by 2016
- Enterprise mobility market offers huge opportunities
- Mobile revolution boosts productivity but poses business challenges
- Corporate buyers plan to spend more on Android mobile than on Apple
- But why? Department: iPad “revolutionized” enterprise mobility market
© 2012, TechJournal. All rights reserved.