Nearly a third of organizations are seeing their data growing by 25 percent or more a year, increasing storage needs, according to a new InformationWeek Reports study.
InformationWeek polled more than 300 business technology professionals, all of them involved with storage at their organizations. Survey results reveal that Ethernet is taking off, with a combined year-over-year boost of 20 points in iSCSI and FCoE. Security saw gains as well: 60% now encrypt at least some stored data. And, good help is hard to find, as 26% cite insufficient staffing as a top concern, up from 19% in 2012.
Here’s an infographic detailing the findings:
- Most businesses have huge amounts of data, but not using it
- Cloud storage vendors have some hurdles to leap
- Firms storing sensitive data in the cloud without assessing provider security
- Most IT pros say current WAN services support business growth (infographic)
- IT pros see themselves differently than their colleagues do
© 2013, TechJournal. All rights reserved.