Today is the last day for a discount to attend the Internet Summit, which brings 120 thought-leaders to Raleigh, NC, Nov. 6-8.
This year’s lineup is one of the most impressive in the history of the conference. Speakers include Sarah Lacy - Founder & Editor-in-Chief, PandoDaily.com; Brent Herd - Director of Southeast, Twitter; Frederick Townes - Sr Technical Advisor, Mashable; Tim Sullivan - President and CEO, Ancestry.com; Curtis Brown - Chief Technology Officer, AOL; and Ben Huh - CEO & Founder, Cheezburger, among many others.
And this year includes a Pre-conference workshop featuring 16 in-depth sessions led by interactive and marketing pros, a Startup Summit min-conference, and event-closing music festival featuring 12 bands.
From our interviews with participants so far:
Innovative startups you’ll learn about include ArchiveSocial, which provides a means of truly archiving all of a firm’s social media activity. The founder says, “Don’t wait for trouble to keep records of your business social media.”
You’ll also learn that Social Media Can be a landmine for businesses,” from Poyner Spruillattorney Elizabeth Johnson.
Robert Hancock of Smart Online, which has reinvented itself as a mobile app firm, will offer some best practices for mobile app development.
Randy Brown, director of the Virtual Heroes division of Applied Research Associates, will talk about “Serious games now invading the military, medical and corporate worlds.
Matt Peters, co-founder and director of Pandemic Labs, a Boston-based firm that sells social media marketing and analytics services. Peters will present his “Science of Facebook engagement,” and tell you about Two changes that will boost your Facebook numbers, among other inside information based on data. (Peter’s will also speak at the Dallas Digital Summit in December.
Stephen Wellman, editor in chief at Geek Media, which publishes Slashdot, will discuss how to engage with online communities such as his. (Wellman also spoke at the recent Digital East event in Virginia).
We’ll be interviewing other thought-leaders who will be appearing at the Internet Summit up until the event, but you can’t capture more than a touch of what they have to offer in brief blog posts. We’re always impressed by the useful take-aways they present at the event itself.
Other top speakers slated for the event include:
- Jodi Kahn - President, iVillage
- Duane Forrester - Sr. Product Manager, Bing
- Scott Calise - Director of Digital Research, MTV Networks
- Don Hoang - Director of Business Development, Klout
- Liz Thorington - VP, Ad Sales, The Weather Channel
- David Perry - Biz Development Executive, Google
This year’s event includes a new new mini-conference — the Startup Summit – focusing exclusively on digital entrepreneurship.
- Over 120 top thought leaders & industry innovators sharing insights on topics that matter to you
- More than 60 presentations & panels covering topics like Customer Engagement, Social Media Trends, Mobile Apps, Analytics, User Experience, Big Data, Gamification, Cloud, Search Marketing and much, much more!
- Network and connect with around 2,000 of your peers
- Dedicated Tech Track for IT Professionals, from the cubicle to the C-suite
- IS Rocks - our new Music Festival at the conclusion of the conference featuring more than a dozen bands to close down IS12 in style!
- 16 in-depth workshop sessions in our Pre-Conference led by expert interactive and marketing pros.