By Peggy Duncan
ATLANTA – More from the ongoing Atlanta Digital Summit 2011, this from Lindsay Wassell, Partner & Consultant, KeyphraSEOlogy on embracing digital search:
In the search arena, other media types are entering into organic results. Instead of only focusing on optimizing your Website for search results, you’ll also have to factor in news results, video, images, local, and real-time Twitter feeds. If you’re not focused on optimization for these various mediums, you’ll be pushed down in the search.
- News. Boost your search engine rankings by optimizing for news feeds. Examples include sharing your opinion, writing blog posts, and sending online news releases.
- Video. It’s easier to rank video than traditional Webpages. Whatever you’re an expert on, create a solution to a problem and record and post videos. Search engines can’t index what’s on your video, but you could transcribe it and add that text in a blog post with appropriate keywords.
- Images. Images make the search result richer and more clickable and should be added everywhere. Post them online on your site and photo sites using good keywords in the filename and description.
- Local. You can establish some control over what people see when they search for your business locally by completing a full Google local profile.
- Twitter. Tweets are also showing up in search results. Be more careful about what you tweet and use it to continue to solve people’s problems.
You’ll have to engage in as many mediums as possible to maintain your organic search rankings and bypass your competition.
Also see our interview with Wassell prior to her appearance: Five SEO Tactics to Avoid
You can also follow the Digital Summit Twitter stream at: #Dsum11