Despite initial skepticism toward Google+, the social network is quickly becoming mainstream. It saw a 9,400 percent increase in users in just one year, says the BrightEdge January 2013 Social Share Report. Three of four top global brands now have active profiles on Google+, the report says.
If you use Google+ personally or professionally, you have probably noticed an increasing level of activity and the number of people and brands on the network. It’s much more active than our Facebook page and we have literally thousands of people and brands in our Google+ circles.
It’s much easier to acquire large numbers of followers relevant to your interests on Google+ than on any of the other social networks. Also, a post that garners attention on Google+ will collect many more plus 1s, shares and comments than the same comment on most other networks if our own experience is any guide.
The Social share report tracks social media adoption trends for the BrandZ top 100 global brands including Apple, BMW, RedBull and Samsung. The report also includes insights into how YouTube is performing as a social media network.
Key insights include
· The top 10 brands on Google + account for 4 out of 5 followers
· The Auto Industry accounts for 40% of the top 10 spots for followers on Google
· 20% of brands now have their Google+ pages show up in SERP results
· 87% of top brands now have a YouTube channel
· Google, Red Bull and Samsung lead the way with breakaway numbers of subscribers on YouTube
The full report can be downloaded here http://www.brightedge.com/social-share-january-2013